Is Your House Haunted? Here’s How to Treat It
Paranormal Activity, White Noise, Poltergeist and The Blair Witch Project all focus on supernatural activity and hauntings. They are loosely based on true stories, and whilst created for the purposes of entertaining the masses, for those who live in real life hauntings, the experiences are both terrifying and distressing.
Symptoms of a haunting range from unexplained cuts and bruises on the body, sleep paralysis, waking while feeling like you are being choked, having strange noises occur around the house, having objects disappear and feeling like you are being watched. Some people report strange smells emanating around their house, and in particularly bad cases of hauntings, furniture is rearranged, objects go missing, electronic devices turn on and off, and pictures get thrown down from the walls. The environment of a home or building that is haunted can feel stifling, with the air heavy and leave a very bad feeling in a person.
When a home has had a lot of conflict, negative interactivity or some violence happen in a house, or people have performed seances, or used ouija boards, or opened up spiritual portals, this can be a magnet for both spirits and demonic type entities. If people have performed magick rituals involving some kind of sacrifice or the invoking of spirits, this can also be an invitation for hauntings.
Wiccans or people who practice magickal arts will cast circles in order to contain the energy of a spirit, but if they have forgotten to close the circle, this leaves the entity with an open doorway in order to manifest and cause havoc in a home, particularly if it is not wanted by new residents of a home.
Seances and the use of ouija boards, and using tarot cards without proper protections in a home whilst using these devices is also an invitation to spirits, particularly malevolent energies. If protection is utilised, such as remembering to cast a circle, to also close a circle, the burning of white candles and incense, and mental imagery prior to use of divination tools of a golden rain of protection, then these entities are repelled from entering.
Items in the home may be haunted if these started suddenly, and things began to become disturbing in your home. If you have been to a flea market or other second hand store, a ghost may be attached to something that it loved dearly. The best way to detect paranormal infestations is to keep a log of which room attracts the most haunting type activity. If you have recently bought an item into your home that belonged to another person, and since then strange phenomenon has been happening, the object that is infested with spirits will need to be cleansed or disposed of in order to eradicate the malevolent spirits.
It is worth carrying out a paranormal investigation if you suspect that there are evil or negative spirits or energies at work disturbing the residents in the house. A small group of people is best for an investigation, consider a variety of divining tools, including pendulums, electronic recorders, EM energy detectors, cameras, ouija boards and divining rods. Ghosts are unpredictable, so do not immediately expect that they will be present, but be open minded. If no activity occurs, do not immediately assume that no activity happens. A ghost or hauntings due to their random natures may not occur on one particular investigation, but log everything and do interview the household residents.
There are international paranormal investigation agencies, often available free of charge, that can be found on directory listings such as http://paranormalsocieties.com/find_a_society.cfm. These investigation groups use an array of monitoring equipment and often work in conjunction with clairvoyant mediums in order to verify and document a suspect haunting. They eliminate all other possible reasons for strange activities, and once these have been outruled as a cause, paranormal activity is left as a likely cause.
If a person believes that they have a haunting, and has had an investigative team in to verify and document the haunting, it is possible to eliminate the haunting and get the malevolent spirits to move on. Both religious organisations and clairvoyant psychics are professionally available either for a donation or a prescribed fee, depending on who you contract. If this is not an option, a do-it-yourself option might be effective.
If you do choose the do-it-yourself option, here are some time tested, proven and highly effective ways of improving the feel of your house, removing malevolent energies, and to promote a feeling of calm and wellbeing in your home:
- American Indians have used white sage in their spirit ceremonies for thousands of years, cleansing people and places of all evil types of forces. White sage can be purchased from crystal stores or online spiritual supplies stores. It is simply set alight, the flame burn out, and the smoke waved around each person and room in the home. When you have finished using the smudging technique of the white sage, allow it to sit in a flame-proof pot in a bowl of water, and allow the smoke to go out by itself.
‘The use of dried white sage however, is a 2,000 year old Indigenous American practice. The shamans used dried sage plants on their fires as a ritual of calling upon ancestral spirits. Any conflict, anger, illness or evil was absorbed by the sage smoke to be released or cleansed from the energy field of a person.’
- Burn a lot of incense to clear the space in your home. Incense helps to remove negative psychic energies and to promote feelings of wellbeing and calm. The use of crystals placed around the home may also help to cleanse the aura within the home. Crystals have a particular geometric arrangement in them that casts an electrical quantum field that affects the energy of a home and helps align it to certain energies.
Incense is used for meditation purposes, to create a sacred space where … people can develop a sense of calm. It creates a serene atmosphere in which we can live, create and experience joy. Both crystals and incense can help maintain a peaceful and clean energy feel throughout the home.
- Detect all spiritual portals, and close them off performing circle closing ceremonies, so that entities are prevented from entering into a space. The Hadron Collider has opened some very strange portals, and it is believed that it is responsible for increasing the amount of supernatural activity around the planet. Harvard University theorist, Lisa Randall talks about the opening of spirit portals to other dimensions through the use of the Hadron Collider:
‘…an extra dimension may exist close to our familiar reality, hidden except for a bizarre sapping of the strength of gravity as we see it.’
If physicists are having concerns about the opening of portals, then this provides a scientific link to the need to close portals that have been opened by people for various means around suspected hauntings.
Stephanie Relfe, writing about spirital portals says, ‘… There is a reason why the level of evil is increasing on this planet. Different entities and aliens of a level of creepiness and evil impossible for humans to imagine, have been invading earth in increasing numbers.
They have been able to do this because humans have helped them either unknowingly or because they got tricked into it, by opening portals to the different universes and dimensions where the evil ones live.’
When a portal is suspected, then use pendulums, divining rods, and the use of a psychic medium to move the spirits on, and close those portals, then perform a blessing in the house.
- Use white candles to banish harmful energies every time somebody enters your home. If you have visitors that carry with them negative energies or hauntings, or have malevolent intentions, and you have not yet detected these, burning a white candle before, during and after they leave will alleviate any negative entities or energy that has come into your home. Spreading white salt across your black door is also useful, and if you keep attracting people to your home who are negative, using a floor wash that is a spiritually cleansing floor wash such as Chinese Floor Wash with van van oil will help to push negative energies out of your home.
Clutter and dirt also can cause low energy, depression and anxiety. A clean home can help eradicate low vibrational energies, so ensuring that your home is regularly cleaned, decluttered and free of infestations such as pests, mosquitos, flies and other sundry hindrances keeps the energy in your home clean and free of negative residue. It also helps to raise the vibration of the residents in the home, and forms a psychic protection.
- Use blessed sea-salt and holy water to cleanse and protect your house. A priest can bless salt, candles and consecrate water for the purposes of cleansing your house at home. The Catholic Church authorises priestly blessings for homes, or you can take these items to be blessed by a priest.
‘When any of the faithful wish to mark their moving into a new home with a religious celebration, the parish priest (pastor) and his associates should gladly cooperate.’ (Catholic News Agency).
If a priest has been invited to cleanse the home, follow through with his instructions, or if you have taken sea-salt, holy water and blessed candles to the priest, these can be taken home, and words of blessing spoken over the home. This will work regardless of what belief that a person adheres to, whether pagan or otherwise.
‘All negativity is now banished from this place, only people with loving thoughts and intentions may enter or dwell herein. This place is claimed only for light, laughter and loving hearts, and positive warm and compassionate peaceful thoughts. All else is banished, so be it, so it is.’
Blessed sea salt, blessed candles and holy water is available for purchase if you do not wish to have to go visit a priest to have the items blessed and prefer to do this privately. When you do perform a blessing, sprinkle the salt and holy water across all the doorways and windows, and burn the candle from room to room. Also spread holy water in the corners of the rooms, as this may be where dark spirits lurk.
- Use a clairvoyant psychic to cleanse and purge your house of all negative spirits and malevolent energies. Ensure that the person is a professional who has good reviews, and has had experience. It is possible to seek a metaphysics practitioner who is professionally trained to heal both people and geographic locations and objects, and these people are often affiliated with spiritual organisations, and have had professional and reputable experience. Check the person’s credentials, and ask them where they have performed previous cleansings, or if they come with recommendations.
When you bring the clairvoyant psychic into your home, they will bring the required tools and equipment, and simply follow their instructions as to how to prevent further manifestations. These cleansings can also be performed after periods of difficulty, purchasing of a new property or land, building a house, or a renovation, or moving house into a new rental. Any of these types of activities can stir up ghostly manifestations. A clairvoyant psychic can eradicate the portals, and urge the spirits to move on.
Haunting experiences can be devastating for the people who experience them, and despite the taboo nature of the topic, and reluctance of people in general society to speak about hauntings, these are real, and they have been scientifically documented. Professional spiritual metaphysical practitioners, clairvoyant psychics, and ordained priests and ministers are the third parties to seek should you have any concerns about malevolent spiritual activities in your home. Performing regular cleansing rituals on both yourself, your family and your home is recommended, and if you are seriously distressed or disturbed over this, consulting with a professional counsellor, as well as a paranormal investigation unit is strongly recommended.